Wildlife emergencies

Wildlife and habitat emergencies: pollution, injuries, crime and care

Our thanks to Stephen James for initially helping to put this information together. 

We update the organisations listed in the “Wildlife emergencies, injuries and rescues” tab on a regular basis.

Rescue, rehabilitation and rehoming organisations
(NB - these have all be selected due to their proximity to the London Borough of Ealing or their willingness to support in our borough.)

All Wildlife


  • Bat Conservation Trust helpline call 0345 1300 228 Mon-Fri from 09:30 to 16:30, between 17-May to 11-Sep from 18:00 to 22:00 and on weekends and bank holidays from 10:00 to 22:00.




Raptors (Birds of Prey and Owls)

Seals, Whales, Dolphins (marine mammals)


Stoats and Weasels

Swans and other waterfowl


General advice

What to do if you find sick or injured wildlife

When to help baby birds

Cat Attack? Don't just release me
Don't worry we are just moulting
Catching a flighted bird
Fireworks are not great for wildlife
Got mice?
Humane Traps?

Call the Environment Agency incident 24-hour hotline on 0800 80 70 60 to report:

  • collapsed or badly damaged river banks
  • damage or danger to the natural environment
  • dead fish or fish gasping for air
  • flooding from main rivers or the sea
  • people taking water illegally from rivers, streams, canals or underground sources such as wells
  • incidents at Environment Agency-regulated waste sites
  • main rivers blocked by a vehicle or fallen tree causing a risk of flooding
  • poaching or illegal fishing
  • pollution to water or land
  • unusual changes in river flow

If you witness a suspected wildlife crime in action call 999 immediately. In all other instances call 101.

 Wildlife crime and how to report it

CrimeStoppers: report Wildlife Crime